23 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba

Rodney Atkins/Gloriana Concert Recap - Kansas City 5/19/2

To contact us Click HERE
Yesterday, our local radio station Q104 hosted the Downtown Hoedown.  It was Rodney Atkins, Gloriana, Tyler Farr & Dustin Lynch.  Full day of music and it was really fun!

First act up was Dustin Lynch.  He is so new that I only knew that one song, but the ladies really loved him.  He has the classic cowboy sound and look so what was not to love for them.



His big hit right now is "Cowboys and Angels", it is a really sweet song...


Judging by his autograph line, Dustin has a very positive future ahead of him...



Next up was Tyler Farr....I have seen him with Colt Ford and I have seen him solo.  He does a really good job and he always has a ton of family there since he is from the area.




He has a huge hit with "Hot Mess" right now...it is such a true song and I am very happy for him...


Next up was Gloriana....they have a nice streak of good songs and it was good to see them again.



They played some new songs from their upcoming album.  Here is one of them, "Can't Shake You"...


They have a really good sound with harmonies...it might not be the right venue for them because you really couldn't enjoy that.  I saw them acoustic in December and I thought it was much better cause you could really hear how good they sounded...



The song currently on the radio "(Kissed You) Goodnight"...


And to end their night they played "Wanna Take you Home"...


After the long buildup, it was time for Rodney Atkins to come out...the place was nearly full and really pumped for him...



He played "Take a Back Road" right off....they have played the hell out of that song and I just never get sick of it...


He was really having fun with the audience.  He spent time throwing out a ton of picks and just making sure everyone was involved the entire show...



With a daughter, I love "Cleaning this Gun"...I think every father relates to that one...


He has so many hits now, his show is really good.  I don't really know any album cuts, but they were all good too.





Also, with a son I feel like I can really relate to "Watching You"...I see stuff my son does to be like me all the time...



Rodney got as close to the crowd as possible.  He was constantly going from one side of the stage to the other...he even stood up on the barrier for a while...



And finally he played "If You're Going Through Hell"...he even through the mic into the crowd which I had never seen before.  The crowd would then throw it back and give someone else a chance...



Overall, it was just a great day of country music...I love seeing all the artists and would recommend seeing them all if you have a chance..



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder