19 Haziran 2012 Salı

Flickr is Dead - August 3, 2010. - Title Should be on Top

To contact us Click HERE

Flickr is Dead - August 3, 2010. - Title Should be on Top, originally uploaded by macprohawaii.

The new Flickr layout sucks. A lot of the easy functionality that was built into the Classic layout cannot be found in this new mess Flickr created. There are many major problems with this user interface. The layout is a mess because the title of the photo is not in bold and it is not on the top where it used to be. For those who have Geotagged their photos, the default map is too big and if you don't map your photos the thing showed you the wrong continent from where you are. You have to go to some stupid settings menu to hide the map.

Many people believe the map is a major distraction.

I had about 745 photos tied to a map. A few days ago I deleted all links from my photos to the map. I highly suggest that everyone stop geotagging their photos.

Another thing I hate about this new layout is that none of the sets that my pictures belong to have the two thumbnail views of the pictures in the set. Instead they only have a list.

TAGS: Now listed in a big messy paragraph. I am not going to be tagging any photos from this day on.

Size of Photo: While big may be nice the default allows people to steal your photos. From now on I am going to make my photos 900 x 600 pixels or smaller. I used to go up to 1200 X 900 or larger. Now I won't.

I highly advise that those of you who just simply put full size photos on Flickr, dumb your photo size down to smaller than 900 pixels wide to discourage people from stealing your high resolution photos.

NEED HELP WITH THIS HUGE FLICKR MESS? Go to their help forum and bombard the staff with your questions and complaints. A good place to start is here:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157624648907326/

While you're at it, ask Flickr to either restore the Classic look and feel to this new mess or simply give us the Classic Layout back as an option. Then perhaps blog about this mess, call the Kim Komando radio show and the other guy's radio show, Leo Laport or whatever.

Feel free to take this black graphic and post it on your own stream.

I am sure there are a lot more things associated with this new layout that I will grow to hate. Classic was fine and it was not broken.

BTW, I have to remind myself this new layout was done for STAFF CONVENIENCE first.

Uploaded by macprohawaii on 3 Aug 10, 4.38PM GMT+10.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder