28 Eylül 2012 Cuma

Why I Chose UC Davis

To contact us Click HERE
When I was first applying to universities in high school, I had no idea whether I would be attending one or not or be accepted. I'm quite doubtful of myself and have been described as humble. Nonetheless, that thought did not stop me from applying for admission to a university. I was encouraged to go for certain universities, but not forced. When I was applying my first goal was getting into one. I remembered the moment when I was first accepted into a university. I was sitting in the office with the advisor Sacramento State about how to apply and got some forms done. Once the forms were done the advisor said something along the lines of "Congratulations. you are in." At the at moment, I thought "omg, I really could do this. Maybe I can get into other universities." However, the wait to find out if I got into other universities was about a 3 month waiting process.

I found out which universities I got into a separate occasions. From the universities I was accepted into and was considering for admission was UC Davis, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and UC Santa Cruz. Later, UC Santa Cruz got cut off the list although I would have loved to live next to the beach for college. So, it was between UC Davis and Cal Poly SLO. I had a hard time choosing between the two. They both had their pro and cons. Cal Poly SLO was beautiful, far away, and offered me the opportunity to connect with people who wouldn't know me in a new town. UC Davis would allow me to be close to home and go home whenever I would like. Both the universities were my top choices because they were considered Agriculture schools and had some expertise in that area. My major was Environment Horticulture for both schools. When deciding I thought that I might change my major and to History, which I did end up doing my Freshman year. I was encouraged to go to Cal Poly SLO and it almost became my decision until I discovered that Cal Poly SLO's History program was new. I wanted a History program that was strong and from many different professors, which I definitely received while I was at UC Davis. So, even if I did cry the night I declined Cal Poly SLO and chose UC Davis instead that it was the right decision to make because of what I wanted to study. And, I still stand by my decision today.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder