27 Nisan 2012 Cuma

[Revisited] Shanghai World Expo 2010

To contact us Click HERE
During the summer of 2010, I was in Shanghai, China. I was there for a study abroad session. Before we went there, I and some of the other people in my trip were excited to visit the World Expo. I didn't really know what to expect, but I had learn about previous World Expos in a few of my classes. I'm blogging about the Shanghai World Expo 2010 because I didn't during 2010 about the World Expo and I would like to keep it as a memory that I can reflect back on. In addition, the Yeosu Expo of 2012 will be approaching soon and I can't wait to see how the pavilions would look like.


I guess another reason I chose to blog about the Shanghai Expo 2010 now is that I have the pictures in my computer, but I haven't really done anything with it. I would rather blog about it, than for it to not be shown. Otherwise, it would only be looked at when I decide to look back at the China albums for 2010.


Here is a view of the Shanghai 2010 World Expo while I was on a bus. I really did not expect the expo to be that huge.


This is only a picture of some of the tour buses that took people to the expo. There were more buses than this though. And, definitely more people, which was apparent due to the large number of buses.


Another view of the expo from inside a bus.


The thing about blogging about something that happened years ago is that I forget some of the things I saw or where it happened. In this case, I do not remember which pavilion I was in for this picture. However, I don't think I would have remembered months after the expo.


Another view of a pavilion I went in. Each pavilion has the opportunity to showcase something that they feel represents the country. There might be people from the country there representing by selling products or by wearing outfits.


I'm not sure which Pavilion this is since I cant read the characters.


The USA Pavilion was one of those pavilions that I just skipped by, but wanted to go inside!

I didn't get to go to a lot of the pavilions at the expo. Actually, it is physically impossible to go to all of them in one day. There are lines for the popular pavilions. There are a lot of people in China, as well as tourists. The expo is huge and you cannot walk the whole entire pavilion during the day. I would recommend sticking with at least 5-10 pavilions that you want to go. You might not even get through all of them, but at least you prepared yourself in getting to pavilions that you really wanted to see.


This was the China Pavilion. I didn't go in though. I heard the line was long for China's pavilion. I think it looks amazing.


Another pavilion, but I don't know the name of it.


I remember seeing this pavilion and though it looked great! Again, don't remember the name of the pavilion. It must be been really nice to been inside.


I would like to say that this is the pavilion for India. I think it looks great, but it seems incomplete. I think it could have been designed further.


Since the expo was so huge, the pavilions were divided up. The Latin American pavilions were next to each other. The North American pavilions were next to each other and so on. I ended up going to the side that had the Asian pavilions.


I really like the design the Kazakhstan. I didn't do in however, as you can see there was a line for the pavilion.


I thought this was a very beautiful sight. This was in one of the pavilions that I went to and don't remember which one it was.


I apologize for how blurry this picture was. I must have been walking or in a rush and took this picture real quick.


The Ukraine pavilion! It looks great.


Liechtenstein was one of the pavilions I ended up going inside. I don't think I have heard of this country before going.


I didn't go inside Egypt's pavilions. But, it seems very cool! And, there's a line, so it must have been nice inside!


While walking around the expo, we ended up in the African part of the expo. There was a performance going on at the African Square.


 What I noticed when looking at the different pavilions was how some were very well developed and designed, while others weren't. Many countries invested a lot in their pavilions, but I guess those countries had a lot of funding to do that. And, that they wanted a well designed pavilion.


I really like how Croatia's pavilion looks like. I thought it looked very nice. Too bad I couldn't go in more pavilions that day. I think I ended up going to 6-8 and most of them were just random ones that I wanted to check out.



Tunsia's pavilion. It has a very interesting look to it. It sort of reminds me of business, like a hotel.


Lithuania's pavilion looks very simple, but I like it. I like the colors.



This is the Russian Pavilion! I don't know why I kind of remembered that this was the Russian pavilion, despite it not seeing the name anywhere on the picture.

Oh, and there were ice creams trucks at the pavilion. I think that was great since it was very hot and humid, and the ice cream bars were good too!


Turkey's pavilion! This was another pavilion that I had to skip due to the shortage of time.


This is South Korea's pavilion. And, yes, North Korea and South Korea had their own separate pavilions that were not right next to each other. It was hard to forget this pavilion. It was very unique and I like the design of it.

Although I didn't get to go to most of the pavilions, I still enjoyed looking at the designs of the pavilions that I did get to see. I was impressed with a lot of the pavilions and did not expect to see such impressive infrastructures. The feeling of going through some of the pavilions almost felt like I was making a trip to that country itself. It felt that way because many others also wanted to go there and looked at what that country would look like and what they would have.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder